Without further ado, here’s this year’s list:
- Don’t be afraid to revise your thesis.
- It’s not you, it’s your paper. Don’t take criticism personally.
- Sleep, even if you don’t think you’ll be able to fit it in. Even a few hours helps.
- Have an open mind about different kinds of literature
- If you wouldn’t bet your life on what a word means, double check.
- Believe that what you’re saying and writing about matters.
- Write like you are doing yoga. Breathe, be flexible, and hold your position.
- Don’t be shy when peer editing. You don’t help anyone by just saying, “Your paper’s good.”
- Don’t lose hope because nobody’s perfect their freshman year. (Or ever, really.)
- Don’t put off until next week what you could have been doing tonight.
- Use the resources that Marywood provides. Get your money’s worth.
- Keep up with friends and family.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the silly questions, because everyone else is probably wondering the same thing.
- Just keep swimming. Nobody will let you drown.
- You can and you will until you start thinking otherwise. Don’t be your own worst critic.
Credit to Paige, Niorka, Noah, Sarah, Gale, Korah, Katie, Emily, Anna, Shea, Colleen, Jake, Jessie, Sabrina, Tori, and Sam. Happy Summer, everyone!!
Check out last year’s list here!